Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Post #3 Cheap Movie Theater

I grew up in Salina, Kansas, a place where movie tickets have always been under $10. Growing up, I usually spent $4 per movie ticket. The first time that I went to a movie in Topeka I spent nearly $12 on just one ticket! With the cost being nearly three times as much as I was accustom to spending, I did not plan on going to the movie theater often.

I maintained my self-enforced movie Topeka movie theater boycott until this Saturday night when I visited the Regal Cinemas West Ridge 8 Theater. This is commonly referred to as the “2-dollar theater." During the week the cost per ticket is $2, but on the weekends they raise the tickets to $3.50. Even with the inflated weekend price the cost per ticket is very reasonable. I did not buy any popcorn, doing so would have raised the price of my visit had I decided I needed a snack.


Regal Cinemas West Ridge 8 Theater does not play newly released movies, instead they play movies that are a few months old. They are able to provide such cheap tickets because the movies they play are not brand new, but are still new enough that they have not been released on DVD.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Going to the movies nowadays does cost an arm and a leg. I have a couple of suggestions that might help. I would suggest adding a visual to the background. Another possibility might be adding the average price of snacks in case anyone who does enjoy eating during the movie has an idea of how much it might cost them.

    ReplyDelete