Search This Blog

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Post #1 Introduction to Topeka


I love Washburn University! The school has small classes, a beautiful campus, and many different ways to get involved. There is one thing that students do not like about Washburn, and that is the schools location. Topeka, Kansas is not what I would describe as a college town. Sure, there is Ichabod Spirit in the community, however Topeka does not have the atmosphere of a college town. One of the main reasons for this feeling is the lack of college student focused activities. Many of the things to do in Topeka are either too pricy or simply do not appeal to college students. This is the reason that I often overhear my peers complain that there is nothing to do in Topeka, or that Topeka is a boring place.

Although I understand my peer’s complaints, I believe that Topeka has more to offer than my peers would expect. Topeka has many local restaurants with cheap specials perfect for college students. Also in Topeka, there is a cheap movie theatre, an arts district, and local sports teams to cheer on! At first glance, it may appear that Topeka does not have a lot of options in terms of entertainment for college students. However, upon further examination and a little open mindedness Topeka has a lot to offer! This blog will reveal to all Washburn students that there are cheap, yet entertaining things to do in Topeka, Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment